The rights and entitlements provided to you by this Consumer Product Warranty are in addition to and do not derogate from any rights, entitlements and guarantees provided to you at law. Huawei Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Product repaired or replaced if the Product fails to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
We strongly recommend that before you provide your Product to the Huawei Customer Service Centre you back-up onto an external device any consumer generated data you have stored on the Product. Huawei cannot guarantee that the repair/replacement process will not result in the loss, corruption or destruction of that data.
Replacement products or parts will be of the same or better specification and performance than the product or parts they replace but may be refurbished and not new. The replacement products and parts have a warranty period of 90 days or until the expiry of this Consumer Product Warranty, whichever is the later. This Consumer Product Warranty applies only in Australia, to Huawei Products purchased in Australia from Huawei authorised resellers.
This Consumer Product Warranty does not apply to the extent that the damage to or failure of the Product is caused by:
- Use of the Product other than for its ordinary and generally accepted purposes;
- Fair wear and tear or cosmetic damage;
- Handling, storage, installation or operation of the Product contrary to the
instructions, specifications 3 and environmental requirements (including power supply) advised by Huawei;
- Unauthorised maintenance, repair, disassembly, alteration or modification;
- Misuse, abuse, negligence or accident;
- Use of the Product in conjunction with any device, accessory or software not approved by Huawei or any telecommunications network; and
- Spillages of food or liquid, software viruses, fire or acts of God.
This Consumer Product Warranty does not apply:
- If the product identification and/or serial numbers on the Product have been defaced, altered or removed;
- to the repair or replacement of consumables, if any; or
- to any third party hardware or software. To the extent permitted by law Huawei is not liable for loss, corruption or destruction of data stored on the Product, loss of or damage to third party hardware or software or for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage. If on delivery of the Product to the Huawei Customer Service Centre it is found that there is no failure of the Product, or that the failure is not covered by the guarantees provided by the Australian Consumer Law or this Consumer Product Warranty Huawei, reserves the right to charge you the reasonable costs it has incurred.
Huawei might contact you for feedback regarding your experience which will be used for quality improvement and training purposes.
If you have any questions or require any further information please contact Huawei Customer Care 1300 482 934 or visit consumer.huawei.com/au/